BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

18/7/2017 9:34 AM  #1

Swindon

Just read the comments on G&H report on Swindon v Salisbury PSF , this makes interesting reading. Swindon fans not happy ( are they ever ?) with their teams performance and the quality of their players. I know these games are only friendlies but they do show how a teams look for the start of the season. Judging by the comments the Swindon fans don't think they are set up to walk away with the league as they previously predicted. So when we face them it could be an interesting game. After all this time they will be playing a proper team. " We're Chippenham old boys and we sing when we want."

18/7/2017 9:45 AM  #2

Re: Swindon

To be honest Hobgoblin neither were we at Frome on Saturday. Pre-season games to a point are all about bedding in the new players and getting game time. Some of our players last Saturday did look out of sorts, for whatever reason, so it will be interesting to see how we fair against Newport County this evening, who only beat Supermarine 4-3 on Saturday. Back to our friends up the M4, expectations are always high up there, and their fans invariable turn on the team or the manager if they so much as concede a throw-in !!! The new manager at STFC has got a huge jog on his hands, and I do not think they will have it all their own way in Division 2. Just think potentially we could be playing them next season - now there's a thought !!!

18/7/2017 10:26 AM  #3

I took my Grandson to Supermarine on Saturday, Newport brought mixed team trialists, youngsters included.According to Newport website a full side will be on show tonight that's if anyone cares.

18/7/2017 11:45 AM  #4

An extremely odd comment regarding this evening's game if you don't mind me saying Blueboo - of course we care, as should any CTFC fan who is planning to go to the game. It is an opportunity to see how the team is facing up against potentially decent opposition. I think Newport will bringing a healthy number of fans, as Andy Sandell is still held in very high regard down there, and quite rightly so. When we played at Hitchin near the end of last season, we stopped, as always, at Newbury services to pick up Fergie. Newport fans were also stopped there, on their way to Pompey, and when they saw Andy walk in the Services, the place erupted as if their conquering hero had returned. So yes we do care about the game tonignt.

18/7/2017 1:35 PM  #5

Pre-season results mean nothing. 

As for - "Swindon fans don't think they are set up to walk away with the league as they previously predicted" - the general feeling I've had is that Swindon fans aren't too optimistic under Power (or generally!)... Maybe under their new manager expectations rose somewhat, but given all their signings so far have been free transfers, I don't think the general feeling was that they would easily win the division. 

I could be wrong tho, I'm not exactly best mates with half the Town End...

Last edited by Space Raider (18/7/2017 1:38 PM)

Board footera