BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

20/7/2016 8:37 PM  #1

New player

According to the official website we have signed Macauley Dodson from Forest Green Rovers.

20/7/2016 10:03 PM  #2

Re: New player

And let Leigh Henry go

21/7/2016 8:37 AM  #3

Not surprised about Leigh Henry leaving at all if I'm honest. Always looked very overweight for our high fitness levels, and looked totally out of his depth in the friendly against Malmesbury Vics last Saturday. A number of people commented at the game that all he wanted to do was kick the ball as high as possible, which is not our game. Not sure what the future will hold for him football wise, but wish him well

21/7/2016 8:55 AM  #4

toyboy wrote:

Not surprised about Leigh Henry leaving at all if I'm honest. Always looked very overweight for our high fitness levels, and looked totally out of his depth in the friendly against Malmesbury Vics last Saturday. A number of people commented at the game that all he wanted to do was kick the ball as high as possible, which is not our game. Not sure what the future will hold for him football wise, but wish him well

Totally agree was unfit and lazy,but good luck to him in the future not much of a loss tho.

21/7/2016 12:37 PM  #5

Think he is a right back

31/7/2016 10:01 AM  #6

For those of us that bothered to attend yesterdays match he comes from Maidenhead and plays in midfield. I think he had a good game and will be a good addition to the squad. Can understand Ben moving on, not really given a chance and with him 4th in the pecking order behind Sands, Pratt and Griff , don't see much opportunity of him getting a game. Understand he's gone to Didcot.
​Nuno  Felix and Will Richards  both had excellent games and if the starting line up for the Melksham game is what we start with against Kings Langley we should be a force to be respected in the league. Bring on Saturday! "We're Chippenham old boys we sing when we want."

31/7/2016 11:12 AM  #7

Think Smith will play, Pook, Preece are interesting ones. Will we replace Whitehead and has Jones gone ?

31/7/2016 12:31 PM  #8

I enjoyed the game against Melksham. As with all of Darren Perrins teams Melksham were pretty competitive and well organised. Melksham actually took the lead through an expertly fiighted free kick up and over the wall and into the corner. Pratt headed home a Pin point cross from Sandell to bring the sides level. A late first half Richards header saw Fergie following up in the right place to
fire the rebound up into the roof of net, ending a fairly even first half 2-1.  The second half saw the hard working Melksham side start to tire, Griff flicked on leaving Pratty with a clear run on goal, he reminded me of Gilly who was centre forward when I first watched Chippenham the way he cooly slotted it in to the corner of the net. Melksham were starting to really tire towards the end and the were plenty of half chances. There was still time for Pratty to complete his hattrick from close range. And for Sandell to slot a late penalty in to the corner of the net. Final score 5-1.  I liked the way Sands and Pratty are starting to link up. The energy we have in midfield will run the legs off a lot of teams in this league.  The deffence are very solid. The  new guy Andy Jenkins looked strong and confident on the ball wanting to be involved all the time. He looked like he adds that bit of bite to the middle of the park. The squad Mark and Tom have put together looks strong. I guess we'll know how good this squad is after the Kings Langley and Weymouth games. Good luck boys. 

31/7/2016 1:34 PM  #9

I thought it was a good performance again. They wernt up to the level and it was comfortable. I would guess we had over 85% possession and i only remember the goal being the only shot. Which came from a free kick i didnt think was a foul. Good work out though and all players have had plenty of the ball.

31/7/2016 5:54 PM  #10

Melksham 1 shot on target (goal)One way traffic. Got to admire Colliers contacts. Jenkinson looks good signing.

Board footera