BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

08/6/2012 4:08 PM  #1

Ballinger

So announced at Frome today that Luke Ballinger has left us to join you, just wondering what you make of him?
Done brilliant for us when he joined few years ago and beat players at will, struggled last year with the step up in league though i thought and missed a fair few matches to go on England futsal duty so quite a disruption sometimes aswell.
May turn out to be a handy squad player for you though

09/6/2012 9:20 PM  #2

Re: Ballinger

Those of us who have followed his career won't be jumping for joy at his signing.... Don't think he's good enough for us, even as a squad player although I understand he's been told he's playing right midfield next season....heaven help us if that's true.

Anybody else thinking that Stern might be moved to centre forward in order to allow Ballinger to play?

Have also heard that Josh Brigham could be our new captain next season....and we thought last season was bad enough.....

09/6/2012 10:11 PM  #3

On his day Bally is great but those days seem long behind him now and his commitment now seems fully on futsal.

There is talk/whispers here that Brigham has also been approached by Rudge, hes certainly a 100% commited player but like Bally will miss alot of matches but his through suspension  think hes starting with a 6 match ban already. Sent off at your place aswell wasnt he.

So that maybe two of ours, anyone else you fancy?? 

10/6/2012 8:32 AM  #4

Ballinger & Brigham?  Heaven help us.  Saw them both play towards the end of the season - Ballinger seems to have gone backwards and Brigham looked about two stone overweight.  Could be a long season if that's the calibre player we go for.  That said, beggars can't be choosers I guess, considering the dire financial situation.

11/6/2012 11:54 AM  #5

Ballinger in as a straight swap for Stearn, who has signed for WSM as confirmed yesterday by Ross himself

11/6/2012 3:04 PM  #6

Oh c**p, hardly a fair exchange...Ballinger for Stern, talk about basement bargain shopping

12/6/2012 8:57 AM  #7

Not happy!

12/6/2012 3:18 PM  #8

I'm sure the lad will be chuffed by the warm welcome he has recieved, unbelievable.

13/6/2012 5:19 PM  #9

Nothing wrong with Luke, but frankly not a patch on the player he's replaced. Looking at the exits, I think we're relegation material next season. - Inexperienced boss, leaking players. Sorry, but that's what I think.

Lets Make The Magic Happen..

13/6/2012 6:25 PM  #10

Blimey nothing like giving a bloke a chance.I will be among the first to express my view after the first few games but to write the season off on the basis of what we have heard so far is a tad pessimistic.

Board footera