BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

26/4/2012 8:07 AM  #1

MIngs quits as Manager and Rudge takes over.

Well thats what I caught on the radio.

Great player Rudgie,  but does he have the experience of management ?

26/4/2012 8:09 AM  #2

Re: MIngs quits as Manager and Rudge takes over.

emailed from someones facebook page.

"Great news for Chippenham Town Football Club - Mingsy has agreed to become Director of Football to oversee the development of football and NATHAN RUDGE is to become our new Player/Manager. Read more about it in the Gazette or on the official site. Happy days....."

26/4/2012 8:33 AM  #3

Its odd or clever, depending on your point of view, to announce this just before the last game of the season.

I do like the idea of combining the FC Chippenham, CFTC U18 and CTFC first team, so that creates an academy and hopefully sees the end of games with no subs available and also maybe another side to watch for those of us who cant get to many first team away games. But does this mean we effectively just shuffle the resources we have for now, starting next season with much of the same and we must wait a bit longer to see a new first team and a different football style? That is, assuming the current players like the idea too and don't wnat to move on anyway?

26/4/2012 9:01 AM  #4

Well that's a turn up, good news i think, will adie leave rudge to it on the pitch when things go wrong.
Looking forward to what the summer brings.

We all agree new players are needed, with a new boss hopefully things will happen.

26/4/2012 9:06 AM  #5

Good step forward,lets all get behind the club and give all concerned a fair crack of the whip.

26/4/2012 9:39 AM  #6

yes good news, l think there will be better disapline with rudgie in charge as manager. Think the style of play will be more defensive, with some ew additions. Good news to here we will make use of our youth players, should of done that long time ago, wouldnt of lost players who wanted to progress, and more cover for injuries and bench. Hopefully next year we can all start to see progression, disapline and hunger in our play. But l do worry about where all the money is coming from to support all of this.....................

26/4/2012 3:55 PM  #7

Run as separate entities according to the Gazette. Wonder what the costings are? How it will be funded. Reduction in the 1st team budget or increase to support? Suggestion that we may look to take a drop to keep the wolves from the door, but that doesn't really tally with investing does it?

Lets Make The Magic Happen..

26/4/2012 6:01 PM  #8

Reading the article in the gazette it sounds an excellent idea.  I think the team needs new blood with new ideas,  and the club itself is looking to expand in the community and with Adie and all his contacts and experience its all looking very good for the future.

26/4/2012 6:08 PM  #9

Positive move. Good to see Adie remain at the club, some have been critical of his management the past few months but we all know he's Chippenham through and through and hopefully this director of football role works out.

Also good to see us bridging the gap between the youth and first teams. If this 'development' side is separate to the first team though then why not just create a partnership with FC Chippenham instead? I guess we'll find out more in the coming weeks...

26/4/2012 8:22 PM  #10

Mixed news here I think..,good news that Mingsy's gone but if Rudgey decides to play who will be on the bench making the subs and changing the tactics, guess we'll know when he announces his back room team. If it's the "director of football" won't that be little moving than shuffling the deckchairs on the Titanic.

As previously mentioned, very good timing, rumours were around last week about Rudgey and it means that Saturday has another focus.

As for the side's disclipine improving with Rudgey in charge, wouldn't put money on that, lol Think "Be as I say, not as I do" will be his mantra

Do we really need a feeder side, couldn't we just sign players on Southern League forms then loan them out to local clubs like Melksham and Calne, will we be attracting players to this new team by paying them and as mentioned above will this have an effect on the money generating 1st team's budget.

Will watch with interest what happens next season, it's bold of the club to do it and a better more established to FC Chippenham was needed but progression through the teams will be needed in order to encourage players to sign on for this feeder club.Personally I'd rather see the money being spent on the feeder club being put towards the 1st team, they'll generate the money the club needs.

'least we'll see who Rudgey got on with in the dressing room, if you ain't there next season...

Board footera