BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

31/8/2015 11:21 AM  #1

Hungerford

Any team news as to who's playing this afternoon ?

31/8/2015 11:52 AM  #2

Re: Hungerford

What time's ko?  3 or 7:45?

31/8/2015 7:10 PM  #3

Lads did us proud today especially considering the injuries. In the end the quality of their bench won it, although if Kent had scored from a last minute header at a corner it would have been no more than we deserved. Thought we were unlucky to concede the free kick that led to their goal. Hungerford were a wily, streetwise, big, physical team who knew how to play the ref. They lumped it forward at every opportunity and pressed well when it came off. We passed it around superbly especially just before half time. Had to laugh at the lengthy tannoy announcement warning against racist and abusive language - their management team spent the entire match doing the latter at their own team. Know who I would rather watch everyweek.

01/9/2015 7:27 AM  #4

Have to agree with Charlie. They had a poor pitch, bad mouthed cynical attitude and unattractive football style. Chippenham were the only team on the pitch in the first half and certainly did not deserve to loose, but then that is football..

Last edited by sandie webb (01/9/2015 7:28 AM)

01/9/2015 9:56 AM  #5

Agree whole heartedly with Charlie Bird and Sandie on their thoughts on the game. Considering we had a 'squad team' on duty yesterday due to the injury/illness situation, I thought the boys did CTFC proud, and their performance deserved at least a draw. Agree with Charlie on Hungerford's ability to play the ref, who I felt him and his assistants were inconsistant throughout the game, and easily influenced when one of boys put in a strong challenge. We've had this guy on numerous occassions at Hardenhuish Park over the years, and I'm sure if the officials were being accessed yesterday, I thing the overall remark from the accessor would be 'must try harder' !!  So our record has gone but we are still top, so bring on St Neots.

01/9/2015 12:46 PM  #6

Didn't go to game so will not comment on the performance but I for one are more than happy with what I've seen so far this season. We have shown that we are a team to be feared and are not a push over as we have been in previous years when going behind as we did on Saturday. All credit to the whole squad as everyone has pulled thier weight and got stuck in. So we've got the unbeaten monkey off our backs and so back to winning ways on Saturday against St Neots. Hope they get the support they deserve.
Is the Charlie Griffin on the score sheet at Cirencester ????

Board footera